A multi-week music camp that runs simultaneously with the Austin Chamber Music Festival in July. The Summer Workshop provides musical opportunities for musicians youth to adult. Activities include chamber music (small ensembles 2-6 players), chamber orchestra, composition, improvisation, percussion ensemble, and rhythmic classes in addition to coaching and masterclasses with renown international touring artists.
Why the ACMC Workshop this summer?
- Meet and play with other passionate musicians
- Work with leading local musicians and visiting artists
- Be a soloist within a small, intimate ensemble
- Challenge your playing and appreciate new music
- Develop essential musical skills such as sense of pitch, rhythm, and tone
- Expand your confidence, creativity, teamwork, communication, and critical thinking skills
- Engage the right and left sides of the brain simultaneously (basically exercising the brain!)
- Most importantly, bring musical fun to your summer!!
This year’s Workshop runs from July 7-23 and is divided into three divisions:
- Primary Division (ages 7-10): July 11-23
- Young Artists Division (ages 11-18): July 11-23
- Adult Division (ages 18+): July 7-20
After two years away, our first priority at the 2022 Summer Workshop is student, faculty, staff, and community safety. We are closely monitoring the pandemic and its impact on in-person rehearsals, performances, and gatherings.