Are you looking for camp for your child? Does your child love horses? If so, then Camp Switch Willo, voted best equestrian camp by Austin Family magazine, is the place for your kids this Spring Break and Summer! Our camp runs in one week sessions, with Spring Break camp from March 18-22, and 12 weeks of Summer camp starting May 27th. Throughout each session, we don’t just focus on riding.
While we do have riding lessons each day, the campers also learn the proper way to groom, tack up, and care for the horses. We have farrier visits, arts and crafts, and swimming (weather permitting).
Daily lessons are taught to the campers about various equine-related topics, such as nutrition and feed, polo and standing wraps, and horse medicine.
Each week of camp culminates with a horse show and ribbon ceremony so that parents can come and see what their child has learned and accomplished throughout the week. Our beautiful 23 acre facility conveniently located in the heart of Northwest Austin is the perfect place for your child to find their passion for horses, and begin their riding career!
Camp Schedule (based on Austin ISD’s school calendar):
*All camps run Monday through Friday, except the weeks of Fourth of July, and Christmas.
• Daily riding instruction on well-trained, safe horses and ponies
• Proper safety and barn etiquette
• Additional barn lessons about horses and their care, veterinary care, dentistry, and horse show preparation
• Visits with our farrier
• Arts & crafts
• Outdoor activities and games
• Circle time reading for our youngest campers
• Trips to our onsite tack shop
• Scavenger hunts
• Daily swimming, in our pool staffed by a certified lifeguard (during the summer months)
What Campers Need to Bring:
• Long pants or jeans
• Boots with low heels. Cowboy/cowgirl boots are acceptable: no rain boots or tennis shoes, please.
• ASTM/SEI approved equestrian helmet: no bicycle, skateboarding, or snowboarding helmets. (Due to health/safety regulations, we are unable to lend or sell used helmets.)
• Sack lunch along with several light snacks
• Labeled water jug or water bottle
• Carrots for horses
• Swimsuit, towel, and sunscreen (During the summer months)
• Change of clothing for after riding, if desired
Come see what Austin families have been talking about for over 50 years! Campers form a true bond with the horses and make new friends in both the two-legged and four-legged variety.
Austin TX 78727