Rio Vista Farm
Rio Vista Farm Spring Break and Summer Day Camp www.riovistafarm.net
Camp Sessions – Spring Break March 16-20 , and Weekly June 1st through August 21st.
Monday – Friday 9am- 4pm
Transportation available from Westlake Hills area
Cost- $350 weekly – qualifies for Child Care Tax Deduction
HORSES, HORSES, HORSES . Campers learn the basics of English riding and horse care through hands on experience. Responsibility is taught through the care and riding of “their” horse for the week. Days are spent grooming, riding, learning horse care, and cooling off in the swimming pool in the afternoons. Arts & Crafts and Lunch time is spent in the air conditioned lounge. Afternoon riding lessons and the Weekly Camp Horse Show on Parents Day are held in the shade or our new Covered Arena!
WHAT MAKES OUR CAMP DIFFERENT?
– Small Enrollment – maximum 18 campers weekly ensures more personalized instruction
– Well qualified Camp Instructors – all arena/riding instruction done by professional horse trainers/instructors
– Daily riding LESSONS. We teach the basics of true horsemanship- students leave with a good riding foundation -ready to join our group riding program.
– Excellent record for safety and satisfaction
– Many of our successful show riders began through our camp program, with some advancing to the Grand Prix Level and some receiving NCAA college scholarships to equestrian teams.
– Campers leave with a respect for the hard work, dedication and fun involved in working with horses
AGES AND EXPERIENCE:
Girls and Boys age 7 -16. No prior riding experience is necessary. Children are divided into riding groups based on their riding skill level or how many times they have been on a horse/pony- from 0 times to many. Beginners receive a good foundation from which to continue their riding experience, and more advanced riders have the opportunity to improve their skills.