Camp Invention is where BIG ideas become the next BIG thing!
Join us as we celebrate our 25th year of reinventing summer fun!
This exciting, weeklong summer adventure is for students entering grades 1-6 with lessons exploring connections between science, technology, engineering and innovation. Children will work together to seek solutions to real-world problems, turn ordinary into extraordinary and sharpen critical 21st century learning skills while rotating through several fascinating modules.
Brand new for this season is the Illuminate Program! In the KartWheel™ module, children let their engineering skills glide them across the finish line as they build, enhance and upgrade their very own freestyle racing cart. Boys and girls will explore what it means to prototype a product from scratch as they become an entrepreneur during the Design Studio: Illuminate™ module. In the I Can Invent: Next Level Gamers™ module, participants will take apart broken or unused appliances using real tools to create a physical video game model in the 3rd dimension! Finally, in the Inducted™ module, personalized video challenges from National Inventors Hall of Fame Inductees are introduced along with hands-on activities like constructing super-structure mega-towers, assembling out-of-this-world space rockets and so much more!
Our Instructors and Staff
Local educators will facilitate program modules and enthusiastic high school and college students will serve as Leadership Interns ensuring that one staff member is in place for every eight children.
Availability is limited, so visit www.campinvention.org or call 800.968.4332 to find a location near you!
- Camp Invention encourages children in grades one through six to explore science, technology, engineering and mathematics with a curriculum inspired by some of the world’s greatest inventors. Our camps empower children to be creative thinkers, problem solvers and innovators.
- We’ve been around for twenty-five years and are the only camps partnered with the United States Patent and Trademark office and the National Inventors Hall of Fame.
- Last year, across the U.S., 885,682 boys and girls attended our week long camps. Our camp attendees number more than the entire population of Washington D. C.
CI SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS
Google Plus: https://plus.google.com/+campinvention/posts
General SOCIAL MEDIA Announcements/suggestions
- -Save $25 if registered by March 20.
- -Camp Invention is where BIG ideas become the next BIG thing
- -Camp Invention is celebrating its 25th year of reinventing summer fun
- -Unlock the potential of curious minds at Camp Invention, a weeklong summer program created by the National Inventors Hall of Fame
- -Camp Invention gives 1st-6th graders the opportunity to disassemble machines, learn through hands-on activities and build skills during fast paced, high-energy games
- -This year’s Camp Invention curriculum is themed “Illuminate” and was developed by some of our nation’s most brilliant minds including experienced educators, Inductees of the National Inventors Hall of Fame and members of the United States Patent and Trademark Office. Illuminate will encourage children to explore their inventiveness through the innovation laboratory, investigation of circuits and taking on a nature-inspired design challenge. As they dream, build and make discoveries, they will have a chance to invent a prototype from scratch and explore geometry from a new angle when they create origami flight models during team-building exercises.