1. Stay home and make a batch of homemade play dough.
2. Set up a tent indoors and pretend to camp.
3. Take a hike at a park or the Wildflower Center.
4. Get artsy and visit the Umlauf Sculpture Garden.
5. Get festive and visit the Elgin Christmas tree farm.
6. Embrace the cold—go ice skating or watch a hockey match.
7. Visit a cavern. The temperature is always about 72 degrees.
8. Visit the State Capitol Building.
9. Take an Austin Steam Train ride.
10. Tour the Blue Bell Ice Cream factory in Brenham.