1. Send a holiday care package to a member of the military. Put together your own or visit USO Holiday Boxes.
2. Organize a food drive in your neighborhood, school, or office.
3. Have family members write things they are grateful for on strips of fall-colored paper, then make a chain and hang it over the mantle.
4. Clean out your closets and donate the items to a homeless shelter.
5. Hang photos of family members and friends on bare branches in a vase.
6. Volunteer at a nursing home.
7. Start a gratitude journal.
8. Bake a pie and give it to someone special.
9. Write a thank you note to someone whose service has been meaningful to you.
10. Provide Thanksgiving dinner for a family in need.