Summer is finally here and we’re ready to celebrate! Although we’re looking forward days full of fun in the sun, a few night-time activities are sure to keep your kiddos engaged in the cooler evening temperatures. Round ‘em up for a game of glow-in-the-dark bowling and enjoy a few frames when the sun goes down.
What You Need
- 6 tall, empty bottles (SmartWater bottles work well)
- 8 or more glow sticks
- Hamster ball (optional) or regular ball, softball sized
What You Do
- Fill the bottles with water. These will be your bowling pins.
- Place one or two activated glow sticks in each bottle and put the lids back on.
- If using a hamster ball for the bowling ball, fill the ball with a few glow sticks and secure the lid closed with tape. If using a regular ball, skip this step.
- Time to play!
Original activity and images courtesy of GrowingAJeweledRose.com.
The YMCA of Austin is a dynamic association of men, women and children joined together by a shared commitment to nurturing the potential of kids, promoting healthy living and fostering a sense of social responsibility. We believe that lasting personal and social change can only come about when we all work together to invest in our kids, our health and our neighbors. To learn more about the Y, visit austinymca.org.